Latest Artist :

Long Haircuts 2012: Best Haircuts for Every Face Shape


Long Haircuts 2012 - No matter your face shape round, oval, square, heart or long there will be haircuts that look best on you, and a few that aren't flattering (unless you're an oval, in which case you look good in practically everything).
To find out your face shape, see What is My Face Shape? How to Tell What Face Shape You Have, then check out photos of your best and worst hairstyles:

I have a long face. If you scroll on down to the bottom of this page you can see it for yourself. My face is long and narrow topped off with an IMAX forehead ("Large foreheads are a sign of intellect," my friend Laura tells me. I don't believe her). Because I have a long face, I really should not wear my hair long.

Long hair tends to drag down a long face. And this is the basic rule of finding a great haircut for your face shape: You don't want to highlight your problems. This means if you have a round face, you don't want short curly hair that makes your round face appear rounder, but unlike me, you can get away with long hair. Learn more in this gallery of the best and worst cuts for round faces.

If you have a square face, you'll want to play down your strong, angular jaw. Texture, in the form of curls or choppy ends, does this brilliantly. See photos 3 and 10 in this photo gallery of best and worst haircuts for square face shapes.

Oval faces tend to look good in everything, but their faces can appear long with short layers that add height on top of the head. Also, if your hair is thick or curly, avoid a blunt cut. You'll look like a pyramid. See what works and doesn't on you in this photo gallery of best and worst cuts for oval faces.

Heart-shaped faces tend to come with pointy chins (although I have one of those too, hmmmm). Draw attention to your eyes and cheekbones instead with examples in this photo gallery of best and worst cuts for heart-shaped faces.

For us long face girls, while we should avoid long hair, we can get away with it if we cut in long layers that hit at the cheekbones and the chin. Long, wavy hair also looks good on us because the waves add width to the sides of a long face (get inspired with these photos). Unfortunately, my hair is stick-straight and I'm simply to lazy to curl my hair every day of my life. But if you want long hair and you have a long face, here's how to give yourself beachy waves. Good luck.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. blondelacquer - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger