Latest Artist :

Mizani Thermasmooth System


Mizani Thermasmooth System


Do you love to straighten your hair but are tired of the damaging methods available to achieve it? Well Mizani has an option for you. Mizani Thermasmooth line of shampoo, conditioner and styling products work in synergy to not only straighten but also “repair, protect and smooth” hair. With Mizani’s exclusive C3 Smoothing Complex of Coconut Oil, Ceramides (natural lipids known for sustaining healthy skin) and Cationic Polymers (aid in silkening and smoothing of hair).  “Thermasmooth provides weightless protection for long-lasting, frizz-free, smooth style – ideal for use on natural, excessively curly hair to hair that is relaxed and or color treated.”
Mizani touts the Thermasmooth system as perfect for:
  • Natural/ color-treated hair “for a relaxed look without harsh chemicals”
  • Transitioning hair- those growing out relaxers
  • Relaxed hair- to extend time in between touchups
  • A good alternative to the press and curl
I have very coarse type 4B hair in the front and crown and a more curly texture in the back. I have always used extra strength relaxers on my hair because it is highly resistant. I like to extend my touchups beyond the usual 6-8 weeks to 10 weeks to avoid over processing (hope I’m not doing more harm than good by doing this) and hoped Thermasmooth would help me when I’m somewhere around 8 weeks out and looking to regain a little manageability.  I purchased the entire system and all the tools and also followed the salon instructions to a tee to ensure the best results.  I have to admit that I had my misgivings about all the raving about the line but I was pleasantly surprised to find out all the hoopla was much deserved.
Step 1: Thermasmooth Shampoo
Mizani describes their Thermasmooth Shampoo as “a creamy, conditioning shampoo that thoroughly cleanses the hair in preparation for the smoothing process. The advance C3 smoothing Complex deposits pure, nourishing coconut oil to help moisturize and detangle dry and brittle hair.”  I shampooed and rinsed twice with tepid water as suggested. The shampoo is thick and rich and smells heavenly. It lathers up nicely and doesn’t leave your hair feeling dry or stripped. Is it a great detangler? No, not really I find that the old fashioned Creme of Nature is the better detangler.
Step 2: Thermasmooth Conditioner
Mizani desscribes their Thermasmooth Conditioner as “a luxurious, cream conditioner that softens and smooths the hair cuticle for optimal manageability and shine prior to thermal styling. The advance C3 Smoothing Complex reinforces with inner cellular fortifying ceramide to help preserve elasticity and protect hair from thermal styling damage.”  The conditioner is creamy and rich much like the shampoo and also has the wonderful coconut fragrance. I applied it generously from root to tip, combed it through with a wide-toothed comb, covered my hair with a plastic cap and sat under my hood dryer for about 10 minutes. After that rinsed with more tepid water. My hair felt nice a little smoother than usual.
Step 3: Thermasmooth Smooth Guard Smoothing Serum
Mizani describes the Smooth Guard Smoothing Serum as a “lightweight, leave-in thermal protecting serum buffers against heat styling damage and facilitates the use of heat tools by providing extra glide for easier manageability. The advance C3 Smoothing Complex with cationic polymers is designed to shield and polish while hair is being smoothed.” Before applying the Smooth Guard Serum I towel blotted my hair to remove excess water then applied the Smooth Guard from root to tip as evenly as I could and sat under the dryer a bit to get it a little dry before blow drying. I hate blow drying my hair sopping wet plus I think it makes you have to expose it to more heat which could equal more damage. I sectioned my hair and applied a little more Smooth Guard to each section before I blow dried my hair using a nozzle dryer with a concentrator and a paddle brush Mizani recommends a dryer with Ion technology. The result was softness without feeling  residue from the serum which is really nice because who doesn’t want touchable hair? What I really like about this serum is that it has good slip  but it doesn’t just sit on the surface of your hair it penetrates in quite nicely and just like the rest of the line has the great coconut fragrance.
Step 4: Thermasmooth Shine Extend Anti-Humidity Spritz
Mizani describes the Shine Extend Anti-Humidity Spritz as a “high shine finishing spritz polishes and locks in shine while lightly shielding the hair to resist humidity. Formulated with an easy comb, light hold to help retain style memory.” I sprayed this over my entire head and then on each sectioned piece before I used a flatiron. Mizani recommends using a Tourmaline (technology) flat iron. As far as providing anti-humidity protection I can’t say I really got that out of the product. Parts of my hair are somewhat porous making it a sponge for the least bit of humidity in the air. So if your is humidity prone you may want to use a backup spray to get a little more protection.
The Thermasmooth system does replicate getting a relaxer but unfortunately doesn’t last as long. They say your results should last about two weeks but I seem to get a good weeks worth out of it before my roots continue to grow or just plain ole revert. Maybe those of you with less coarse hair texture may be able to maintain straight roots for two weeks. Best results are attained with hair that needs a relaxer I tried it the system once before before I really needed a relaxer and the results were not as impressive.  I use the the serum and spray with the shampoo and conditioner and get nice results as well. But overall I say go and get it! It adds shine, manageability, smoothness and a great smell to your hair.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. blondelacquer - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger